Innovation Academy is a social enterprise aimed at developing business, information and communication technology (ICT), vocational, leadership and soft skills in children to become innovators, entrepreneurs and equip them with relevant skills for the emerging market place. We believe that before students graduate from high schools, they should already acquire marketable skills and be clear on their career paths. With the advent of big data, artificial intelligence, deep learning and internet of things, it is clear that technology has overtaken some traditional disciplines. Creativity and ability to leverage on technology to solve problems are the critical skills in hot demand by employers.
2 weeks of fun and learning for the kids
Innovation Academy learning is fun! Our summer bootcamp promises to give children between 8 – 20 years, a chance to explore, discover and learn new skills critical for their development.
Our Core Content
App Development and Cloud Computing
Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Leadership, Communication and Team Building
Business Simulation Games
Robotics and Artificial Intelligence for Kids
Arts and Craft
Baking and Cake Decoration
- Students will work in groups to develop their business plans, build digital platforms, digitally market their products/services and pitch to a panel.
- Lessons will be delivered virtually via Zoom while Edmodo will be used to manage classes, projects and assignments.
- Facilitators will be available online to attend to students’ queries within 24 hours
- Participants will be divided into Elementary and Secondary sections for proper tuition
- Students will have opportunity to interact with invited guest speakers and successful entrepreneurs who will share their life experiences and entrepreneurial journeys.
- There will be fun activities – music shows, arts and crafts, Kidpreneur games, live/virtual tourism etc.
- Students will work in teams to come up with innovative business solutions to problems in the area of education, healthcare, transportation, power, infrastructure and food security while leveraging technology. To crown it all, we shall have a business development competition where cash prizes up to N200,000 will be won
- Parents and guardians of registered students can attend the guest speakers’
sessions for FREE. We have invited highly successful entrepreneurs and
professionals to share secrets of their successes.
- All classes will be recorded and all registered students will have 3 months
access to all the materials and recordings of the sessions.
- Mentoring opportunity is available for successful business plan pitches.